Watch One Day Roofing In Action
Bethany Beach Storm Damage Roof Replacement and Repairs
Your roof serves as the front line of defense for your home. Like clockwork every year, your roof braces the elements. Whether its thunder. Lightning. Pouring rain. Gusting wind storms. Hail storms. Tornadoes. Ice. Snow. Your roof is ‘on call’ 24/7.
It’s your roof that keeps your family and belonging safe. As time goes on, your roof will endure hundreds of storms. After prolonged exposure to these storms, Mother Nature can start to slowly break down your aging roof. Shingles and metal roofs are both manufactured to be storm, wind and hail resistant. However, even the most durable roofs can begin to buckle with exposure to 4” soft ball size hail pounding into your shingles.
The Importance of Prompt Storm Damage Response
Ignoring storm damage can cause costly long-term roof repairs, and water damage to your Bethany Beach home. After a major hail or wind storm, you may have visible storm damage to your roof. This can take the form of missing shingles, noticeable hail dents to your shingles or siding or gutters, or blown off siding. If you notice neighbors missing shingles, this can also be reflective that your own home may have received storm damage as well.
When your home suffers from straight line winds, or excessive gusts at 60 MPH, or 80 MPH, it can lift shingles from your roof and cause a gap in your roofing system. If this is not rectified, it can lead to leaks in your home.
Bethany Beach Hail Damage Roof Replacement Experts
Whereas wind can lift your shingles from straight-line winds, hail impacts your roof differently. Hail stones are formed when drops of water freeze together in clouds forming chunks of ice. Hail in other words are pellets of ice falling from the sky at incredible speeds (and can be sideways driven into your home or car by wind). The larger hail stones become, the more widespread damage it can cause to your roof, siding, gutters and windows.
Hail Stone Size Comparison
Hail stones can vary in size based on a storm. As hail stones become bigger, they can crash into your roof, not only dislodging shingles, but potentially even penetrating the decking if the stones are large enough. Hail can be devastating to not just shingle roofs, but flat roofs, metal roofs, tile roofs and slate roofs.
Typically, it takes atleast 1” hail to damage a shingle roof. 1” hail is about the size of a quarter. 1.5 inch hail is about the size of a ping-pong ball. 1.75 inch hail is the size of a golf ball.
Imagine that someone took a large bucket of golf balls and threw them repeatedly at your roof, at over 50-100 MPH. That’s in essence what your roof endures during a powerful hailstorm, and can experience dozens to hundreds of hail stones if a storm lasts 10 or 20 minutes or longer. It doesn’t take many to dislodge the granules on your roof, exposing your shingles to future UV rays from the sun.
After 1.75”, then it starts to get destructive with 2.5” hail which is about the size of a tennis ball. 2.75” hail is about the size of a baseball, 3” hail is tea cup size, 4” hail is similar to a softball, and the most devastating would be around 4.5 inch hail which would be like grapefruits dropping on your roof and car at 100 MPH.
Once your roof is damaged, a small hole can expand, allowing leaks and moisture to enter your home. This moisture and water can cause mold growth, and water damage.
Delaware Storm Damage Repairs
(1) First call to set up a free inspection with a trusted local Bethany Beach storm damage specialist
(2) An expert will conduct a comprehensive no-obligation storm damage inspection
(3) A technician will discuss any damage that is found, and help you to explore potential solutions. You may only need minor roof repairs to fix a few shingles. Or, you may have significant wind damage and could be best suited to file an insurance claim to cover your roof replacement. Every situation is different.
(4) If it is an insurance claim, or you decide to have your roof replaced to fix the storm damage, you will then discuss specific roofing materials to be put on, the color shingles that you like, and then schedule your 1 day roof replacement.
Bethany Beach Storm Damage Roofing Services:
- Hail storm roof damage repair and replacement
- Wind storm roof damage repair and replacement
- Rain storm roof damage repair
- Storm damage roof repair and replacement
- Tornado roof damage repair
- Hurricane roof damage repair
- Tree branch roof damage repair
- Missing or blown off shingle damage repair
- Window replacement from hail damage
- Insurance storm damage roof specialists
- Shingle storm damage repair
- Metal roof storm damage repair
- Slate storm damage repair
- Flat roof storm damage repair
Bethany Beach is an incorporated town in Sussex County, Delaware, United States. According to the 2010 Census Bureau figures, the population of the town is 1,060; however, during the summer months some 15,000 more populate the town as vacationers. It is part of the Salisbury, MD-DE Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Bethany Beach, South Bethany and Fenwick Island are popularly known as “The Quiet Resorts”. Assisting Bethany Beach’s reputation as a “quiet” place is the presence of Delaware Seashore State Park immediately to the north of the town.